Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Mishap


Just thought I'd post this so you know I'm still the same old klutz I've always been. Coming home from a fantastic Mother's Day dinner out (Italian--excellent meal) I tripped over my own 2 feet crossing the street and went down hard. As I was falling I thought I could recover but went down hard on one knee before I managed to get my hands in front of me. Then I stopped for a split second on my hands and knees but for some reason my head (which isn't that big but must be awfully heavy) just kept ploughing on down and rammed into the cement. I popped up pretty quick, but the head wound began to bleed profusely. Hubby ran in to the Family Mart on the corner and bought tissues, I had 2 hands full of blood by this point and was walking the 9 or 10 blocks back up the mountain toward home. The kids were helpful in getting the tissues to me as the blood soaked through pretty quickly. My black jacket is covered in blood (dry clean only-how's that going to happen?) my t-shirt has drips of it down the front and one of my 2 pairs of jeans with no holes, now has a ripped knee! I'm just happy I was surrounded by my loving and helpful family (although why didn't they save me?) and not alone like my poor Aunt when she took a similar nose dive last year. Happy Mother's Day! Unfortunately we didn't think to take photos until after we got back home.

No comments:

Blog Archive