Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vietnam/Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

The second part of our trip was in Ho CHi Minh City, formerly Saigon. We were there for 3 days, about 1 day too long. There were not as many nice things to see and I must say I enjoyed Cambodia alot more. HCM City was over-crowded (I think she said 8 million people?), filthy, nasty, dirty and the people were not as likeable as the Cambodians. I just don't like it when someone in the market thinks they can touch me and get me to buy their crap! Lay off !! There were 2 interesting sidetrips however. The first was a boat trip down the Mekong river (pictured here) and the second was the trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels which will be shown later,( so stay tuned!) Look closely at the one photo to see a guy fishing. His hat barely sticks up out of the water. Note the other guy bathing. Other photos include a buddhist temple and a rice field.














No comments:

Blog Archive