Friday, February 13, 2009

Favorite Father-in-Law

It is with great sorrow that I publish this blog today. My favorite father-in-law passed away today-- last night for most of you--Feb. 13. His presence in our lives will be sadly missed. His stories, jokes and songs were a source of constant amusement. He had a great sense of humor and was so very kind and generous. And one heck of a cook! He loved to read and was skilled as a wood craftsman. I'll bet some of you still have a piece or two that he was always giving away. I'll always treasure the toys he made for the kids when they were small. I deeply regret that the kids and I will not be able to make it back for his funeral. Please keep my husband in your thoughts and prayers as he travels back and deals with everything alone. Peace.

No comments:

Blog Archive