Saturday, June 9, 2012

Groundhog Confirmation

I had previously thought a creature that I'd seen running out of the back yard one day, might be a groundhog. Just the way its body moved seemed slinky, like a groundhog, but it was too small and far away for me to tell for sure. Well, today I saw it and slipped outside quietly, trying to sneak closer for ID purposes. It heard me coming and scuttled away but I leaped across the stream anyway, hoping to see it going into its den. I looked all over the ground where I'd last seen it and thought it was lost, until something high up caught my eye. Sure enough, there it was. A teenaged groundhog. I looked at it for awhile, then talked to it, then went back inside. Then I decided to dig up the camera and see if it was still out there. It was! I got these photos (+ a couple more) He or she seems soooo scared, holding on for dear life, hoping I can't see it. I'm keeping Gil inside until I notice its gone.



No comments:

Blog Archive