Sunday, September 12, 2021

September 11

 Walked  down to the 9/11 memorial yesterday afternoon.  They had finished reading all the names but there still seemed to be ceremonial activities happening inside the perimeter. We could not even get close but we were not alone. It was very crowded with people wanting to pay their respects.

I can only imagine how horrific it was down there, on that day and the days following. All those people that were hurt and killed and all those rushing down there to try to save them . I’m also thinking of the people on that airplane over Pennsylvania. How they sacrificed themselves to keep it from happening again and I wonder if that kind of heroism would happen today. Sadly, I think probably not. Some politicians and “leaders” have for years now, been promoting distrust and hate among the American people in an effort to hold on to their own power and fame. It’s a shame so many people have fallen for it and played right into their greedy hands. I hope they wake up before it’s too late.

So when I wonder if a bunch of strangers on a plane today would come together and give their lives to save other Americans, I feel pretty sure that some of them would be too busy fighting the cabin crew about having to wear a mask than to think of how to help save other’s lives.











No comments:

Blog Archive