Monday, June 22, 2009

The Ever Elusive Fried Egg Crab

If any of you recall this blog from its early days, you'll be reminded of all the photos of signs that I posted. I can't seem to find one of the fried egg crab to put up now, but maybe you can remember it. The sign was always found near a little stream and had a picture of what appeared to be a crab, dressed as a fried egg. I was always curious about those crabs and now, 1 1/2 yrs. later, I have finally found some! The first two were sited while out walking with Gil in the morning. Then, a couple of hours later, Gil spotted one on the patio!(Not sure if it followed us home or was a different one all together.) They don't really look like a fried egg in real life, but with so many of them around right now, it must be what the signs are talking about! Anyway, here are a few pictures of the crab and his capture. If I run across a photo of the fried egg crab sign, I'll post it.


P.S. The crab was not harmed, it was relocated to a spot farther away. And luckily he hasn't come back.


No comments:

Blog Archive