Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gil's Independence Day

Naturally the 4th of July was horrible for Gil, as were the days preceding and a couple days following. He has always been afraid of loads of things, loud noises being one of them. I had used up all my Rescue Remedy in the days leading up to the 4th and was running around on Monday looking for a place to buy more with no success. Finally at a pet store, I ran into a woman who is an animal emergency technician as well as a police dog trainer (so she said). She recommended this bag of treats and I do believe they helped a bit. At least as much as a dropper full of Rescue Remedy. And he gobbled them up so they must have a somewhat pleasant taste, at least. She also recommended burning a eucalyptus candle but I didn't go quite that far!

No comments:

Blog Archive