Monday, January 21, 2013

Old Paper Dolls

I got a lot of things today in preparation for doing some crafting. I got into my old box of paper dolls from when I was a kid. Needless to say, I never got around to doing any crafting. But I had a great time going through all my old paper dolls. Thought I'd show you some photos.
The top photo is Crissy & Velvet. I had the real Crissy and Kerry dolls too. My cousin had Velvet.

 The Tiny Tot Shop was one of my favorites because you could set it up like a shop. There are 3 of each piece of clothing in sizes 6, 8 and 10. I had little pictures of toys and things cut from magazines to put in the shop as well.
 Of course I had the Dawn dolls and also the Dawn dolls paper dolls. This bunch even included lots of clothes that I had colored myself. There must have been a coloring book that I had as well.

 I don't really remember Valerie but she had these cool hair pieces so that she could wear her hair up or down.
 
 The Star Charmers were pretty cool. Apparently had something to do with the zodiac.

 Next is Sabrina and the Archies. Some of the dolls are missing.


 The Baby Peewee paper dolls were one of my favorites.
Betsy McCall was pretty good. I also had dolls of her cut from the McCall's magazine.

 A favorite real doll of mine and also a paper doll, Tippy Tumbles.
 Flatsy dolls, another favorite.
 This box was not filled with the correct dolls. The dolls inside were a group I used to Grace and Them. There were 6 paper dolls but only 3 had official names...Grace, Dottie and Stevie.

I still love paper dolls! But you certainly can't find them as easily as you used to. Let me know if you recognize any of these or tell me what some of your favorites used to be.

No comments:

Blog Archive