Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fashions and Disasters

Well life certainly does give us some surprises, doesn't it?
Just when you think you might be getting a handle on it, something happens to let you know you're not.
For instance, the lovely pair of slippers in the first photo. The one on the right (with the pom-pom), I made first and thought this was a project that was really going to be a success. Notice the 2nd slipper!! Obviously, the success was short lived. Today, I went to the Trump National Golf Club for a fundraiser for school. I was a little nervous because the dress code was casual chic and as you may (or may not ) know, I've got plenty of casual. Its the chic I don't know much about. But it seemed to go well. I got home in time for the propane safety check and it seemed like it was shaping up to be an awesome day for me. But then I hopped in the car to pick the boy up from school and ran over a huge rock at the foot of the driveway. Well, there was a horrible sound as I tried to drive. I got out and looked at the tires a few times and finally called the boy to say he would have to walk home, as I was unable to drive the car. I managed to get it back home and finally concluded that I had not ripped the axle loose, but rather ripped one of the running boards loose and it was jammed against the back tire, which was causing the horrible sound. Wonderful hubby worked on it after he got home and got the running board off, so now, at least I can drive. Now I'm just going to sit in front of the tv with an ice cold beer and try not to do anything that could go wrong.





No comments:

Blog Archive