Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What Next????

This afternoon, Gil and I started out down the street for our afternoon walk. The day was bright and sunny, you barely needed a jacket.......I let him go naked, it was so nice. We got past about 2 houses when I noticed a truck pulled over to the side of the road and weird swirls of smoke coming from above. Upon closer inspection I could see that an over-head wire was on fire. The lady in the truck was on the phone and shortly the police came and blocked the road. A couple hours later, the police were gone but left this roadblock up. We still have power and there does not appear to be any work being done on the area of the fire. Hubby is trying to get home now. Every road is blocked!! He even drove 20 min. to another town to come down a road, but it too is closed. It almost feels like we're in some sort of a horror movie. Hub's on his way back to town and will park in the street and try to walk home. How will we get out tomorrow, if the boy has school? He's been out for 2 days because the electricity was off at school. I have a hair appointment tomorrow that I desperately need to get to. Aaaahhhhhh!

No comments:

Blog Archive