Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Get Ready

Well, I'm a forty-something mom about to become an expat (again). In eleven days my family and I will begin the journey to Japan where we will live for the next couple of years or so. Our household goods have been sent via the sea shipment a month ago. The air shipment left 2 weeks ago and we are now living out of suitcases in an empty, drafty house with an echo. Our cars have been sold and our house has been listed. We have no Christmas tree or decorations of any kind. I still go to work each day (thank goodness for that) and am trying to help the kids realize that they still have semester exams to prepare for. We go through each day as normally as possible, knowing all the while that we'll be gone from here shortly. It was on a suggestion from a friend and neighbor that I created this blog. Family and friends can keep up with us (or not) as we begin a new chapter in a foriegn land. I hope I can entertain you with all the fun adventures and frustrations as an average midwestern family from Indiana gets plunked down in the middle of Kobe, Japan.

No comments:

Blog Archive