Monday, December 17, 2007

Get Set

Well, its less than a week until we make the big move! I'm just taking it day by day. There is a list of things that need to be done and I just go through and check them off, not really thinking too far ahead. The utilities and mail have been taken care of, the cars are gone, the schools have been notified again. I have one more class in the Japanese language before leaving. I can greet people and know a few verbs and nouns. I'll pick it back up again once we get settled in Kobe. The biggest hurdle in this whole move has been trying to insure that the dog can get there and not have a 6 mth quarantine. Its been tough. In the beginning I thought I could take care of it myself. Boy, was I ever wrong! The pet transport company has been fantastic! We still have one more vet visit and then the paperwork needs to be officially stamped by the USDA vet. Hopefully that will all go smoothly later this week. We need to buy one more suitcase, make a last donation to the salvation army and food bank and I think we'll be ready to roll.

No comments:

Blog Archive