Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Domestic News

Well, the domestic help was here from 9am to 5pm. She cleaned alot of stuff and ironed every one of my husband's shirts (winter as well as summer wear). Gilbert really fancies her. He was able to jump up level with her face! She doesn't come cheap, however. She says she is also able to take care of the kids or Gil while we're away. I guess that could come in handy, Gil wouldn't have to go to a kennel. But...we'll see.
I drove by myself yesterday. No problem. I signed up for an ikebana class at the community center and will be volunteering there now, for a few hours every other week. I go for training tomorrow.
We bought a tv this past weekend. Had to pay with cash as we don't have a credit card yet. Have you ever had such a wad of cash that it would not fit in your wallet or pants pocket? Not to worry its all gone now! I've never lived any where, where the money just flew out of your possession so quickly. I guess its because everything is sooo expensive. They say we'll get used to it, but I don't think so.
Met one family of neighbors on Saturday. Very nice. The guy works at Nestle. They gave us some chocolate. Yum! Yum!
Thanks to everyone for your comments and e-mails. Its wonderful to hear from friends and loved ones far away and to catch up on the news.
I'll write more later when something happens. I've vowed not to go out of the house today so that I don't spend any money! Expecting it to be pretty quiet and boring.

No comments:

Blog Archive